NYC Car Accident Lawyers
A lawyer is not required in every vehicle accident lawsuit. If you were in a small vehicle accident and did not receive any injuries, for example, you probably don’t need to see a lawyer to resolve a property damage claim. However, if you have had a serious injury and are unable to work due to growing medical bills, you should contact an attorney as soon as possible.
Experienced NYC car accident lawyers can submit a suit with the negligent motorist’s insurance provider, communicate with the insurance company in your favor, and ensure that you receive the maximum level of compensation you deserve.
You can contact us to discuss your case in detail and receive a free consultation.
Do I Need an Attorney?
You certainly do. Many individuals believe they don’t need any law firms even after a major injury. They feel that by going via an insurance company, they would be able to get the money they want swiftly and simply. Unfortunately, it isn’t always that easy. Our lawyers understand this and have a lot of experience fighting big insurance companies that try to downplay, delay, or deny claims.
What Should You Do If You Are Involved in a Car Accident?
There are things to ensure you get the compensation you deserve if you’ve been hospitalized in a car accident.
- Call 911 — Report your accident to 911, which will notify both police officers and emergency medical personnel of the scene. When it comes to determining guilt and culpability, your police record and medical report will be crucial. It’s just your word against theirs without them.
- Collect Proof — With cell phones, gathering evidence has never been easier. Take photos of license plates, eyewitness accounts, car damage, traffic patterns, junctions, and anything else that might aid your lawyer in determining culpability.
- Hire a Lawyer – Insurance companies will always try to reduce their liability by offering accident victims a low-ball settlement. This is usually only a fraction of what you’ll require to get back on your feet. Hire an expert car accident attorney right once to begin building your case. It’s vital to distinguish between calling an attorney and filing a lawsuit.
When Should You Consult an Attorney?
Not everyone who has been hurt in a car accident will need a law firm. If your accident was serious or complex, you should contact a lawyer as soon as possible so that they can begin constructing your case. If any of the below situations apply to you, you should get legal counsel as soon as possible:
- Every accident in which you or someone else sustains a serious injury
- Whatever accident which the cause of the accident is unclear
- Every collision with another driver, such as a pedestrian, other automobiles, a truck, or a cyclist
- Each accident in a school zone is dangerous.
- Every accident that occurs in a construction or work zone
- If you don’t agree with the police report, you can appeal it.
- Every accident involves a driver who is underinsured or uninsured.
- When insurance firms provide contradictory messages or provide ambiguous responses to liability issues, it’s a red flag.
Small fender-benders don’t necessarily demand the services of an attorney, but in some situations, the services of an attorney may be beneficial after a minor incident. Here are a few examples:
- Minor crashes that cause severe damage to the car or property
- Any injury to yourself or a passenger in your car
- Any essential work that you or your passengers have failed to do
- Car repairs and insurance restrictions are causing problems.
It may be a stressful experience to be involved in an accident. Injuries have the potential to derail your whole existence and leave you disabled for the rest of your life. You need an experienced NYC car accident lawyer on your side from the outset if you’ve been wounded in an accident.