2022 Truck Accident Statistics You Need to Know
Roughly 130,000 people are injured in truck accidents in the US – every year. 2022 was no different. Did you know that FedEx and UPS are the companies that rake in the most truck accidents every year in the US? FedEx had 80 fatal truck accidents in the 2020-2022 time period – which is higher than any other company’s stat. This is mainly due to the fact that there are simply comparatively more FedEx trucks on the ground.
The average age of a person involved in a fatal truck accident was 47 years old. The average age of someone injured in a fatal motor vehicle crash was 38 years old. Those are just some truck accident stats that you should know.
Do you know why the vast majority of truck accidents happen? How can you better protect yourself? Let’s find out more about truck accident patterns and stats in 2022.
Truck Accident Facts To Keep In Mind
Here are some vital truck accident facts that you should keep in mind.
- The most common injuries include broken bones, injuries on the back and neck, internal bleeding, damage to the spinal cord, and head trauma.
- Truck rollovers, rear-end collisions, and head-on collisions comprise the vast majority of truck-related accidents.
- When you compile data from the IIHS and NHTSA, the safest large trucks are the Toyota Tundra, Ford F-150, Ram 1500, and Nissan Titan.
- 14 people die on average in accidents involving commercial trucks. Injuries are significantly more at 430+ daily.
- Large trucks don’t necessarily cause more accidents. But accidents involving these are generally more dangerous and riskier than car accidents. This is mainly due to their heavier weight and larger size which leads to deadlier crashes often culminating in severe injuries and death.
- Equipment failure is the biggest reason for truck accidents, meaning upkeeping a truck is significantly more important than maintaining a car’s proper health. Lack of attention or driving under the influence are surprisingly smaller reasons in comparison.
What if I Am in a Truck Accident?
Truck accidents can be complex. They are more nuanced than typical car accidents and require a more professional approach. Lawyers will concur.
A truck accident lawyer New York City from any of the leading law firms in the city will be able to provide you with expert legal advice in these matters.
In any case, we highly recommend getting hold of a reliable truck accident lawyer in New York City. An attorney or lawyer from a leading law firm will be able to make your life significantly easier in terms of evidence collection, arguing in court, negotiating out of the court, or presenting the case’s finer points in an articulate manner.
At NYC Injury Attorneys P.C., we specialize in truck and other vehicle cases that cause harm to individuals. We will protect your rights and provide the right brand of justice that you deserve, which includes ensuring that you get the right amount of compensation for your damages – physical or emotional in nature.
Share your thoughts